Thursday, October 8, 2009

Not by might or power

 custom-offshore-racing Then he said to me, "This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the LORD of hosts”

Zechariah 4:6

I am a man.

I am impressed with strength.

I’d put me some serious muscle to a task

and we’ll get ‘er done!

Build a machine

or a system, juice it up

with all the horsepower we can add

and we’ll have some fun.

Might and power have a place…

just not always in God’s work.

I worship God,

Who chose the weak to confound the strong.

He chose the foolish to outfox the smart.

His Spirit is the real story..

And with His Spirit

at work in the world, a power comes

with quiet energy, displays of wonder, mysterious ways

bring God glory.

Technorati Tags: ,,

No comments: