Thursday, March 31, 2011

the weight of glory




For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:17-18

My sufferings are not heavy
when compared
to an eternal weight of glory
always there
pushing me forward
serving my Lord
moving onward
at His Word

I look beyond what is seen
here today
to things that are unseen
that sway
my heart in the direction
to never waver
toward the infinite affection
of my Lord and Savior

The weight of glory on me
...a burden light
the Holy Spirit in me
...a flame so bright
illuminating the journey
toward eternity
a vision always before me
my bright destiny



- Prepare your minds for action.
1 Peter 1:13

No comments: