Thursday, January 26, 2012

Handling the Word




Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.
2 Timothy 2:15

Lord, I see Your approval
not for my own merit
not for men's applause
Would You assist me with the removal
of the pride I did inherit
and selfish focus because
I need to preach Your Word?

I will step back, out of the way
so You may show Yourself as Lord
and the greatness of Your grace
might pull together all of each day
keep me loving the truth of Your Word
and in its pages seeking Your face
We need to know Your Word.

Empty talk abounds... false teaching
tickling ears of many today
Lord, keep me centered in the pages
so that I can always be reaching
with the gospel to hearts in a way
consistent with truth for all ages
I will live in the Word.

Lord, I give myself to You
so use me as You can
its not at all a waste
Your Word shows me what to do
to reach the heart of man
with confidence and earnest haste
no shame will come in serving You
handling Your awesome Word!

No comments: