Thursday, May 3, 2012

the vision




And he said, "O man greatly loved, fear not, peace be with you; be strong and of good courage." And as he spoke to me, I was strengthened and said, "Let my lord speak, for you have strengthened me."
Daniel 10:19

Once again a visit
from an angel
and fear
overwhelming dread
attend this visit
at every step

A man of God
glowing white
bringing news
yet filled with fright
and falling down I
cannot stand the sight

Strengthened by God's Word
I can stand
hear the news
as the angel's words sound
I am strengthened
lifting my body from the ground

God is great
and in control
of all events
when angel swords cross
to do His will
human power is at a loss

Another world
behind the scenes
directs events
by God's sovereign decree
nations emerge to rule
over you and me

No comments: