Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Salvation is not a thing.

"Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the LORD GOD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation." 

Isaiah 12:2


The wrong view of salvation is to see it as a thing that I have. It is not a life characteristic. It is not a quality or an ideal. It is the essence of all that I experience in God. God is many things to me. He is my Creator. He is my Sustainer. He is Sovereign over all that occurs in my life. He is my Judge. He is my Father. But above all, God is my salvation.


I could not even come to God unless He made the first move. I was spiritually dead. I was an amoeba in God's Petri dish with no feeling or awareness of Him. But He transformed me. I was a walking zombie, dead in my sins. God became my life and saved me. He is my salvation. I could never save myself.


That awareness brings true praise out of my heart this morning. I often default to legalistic thinking. I see salvation as yet another thing to manage in my day. But it is not that. GOD IS MY SALVATION! I don't need to fear. I will trust in Him. I will sing to The Lord. I will rejoice in You, O my God and my salvation, for You and only You are my life and my salvation!

No comments: