Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year: 2009!

The Burch family keeps our New Year’s celebration pretty tame. We played video games and watched movies. Some of us made it to midnight (not me). Today I have a pot of black-eyed peas and ham hocks cooking away on the stove. Smells sumptuous. You have to eat some black-eyed peas on New Year’s day… for good luck or something. My dad always did this, and I am passing on the tradition.

So what traditions are out there for others?

Today, we will lounge around the house, maybe start packing away a little of our Christmas decorating, maybe not. My tradition is to load up iTunes with every album in my collection and let it play in shuffle mode all day. Drives my kids crazy, but I love the randomness of it. Right now it is Billy Joel, Scenes from an Italian Restaurant.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments: