Monday, January 12, 2009

What God Has Seen

Then the Lord said to Noah, "Go into the ark, you and all your household, for I have seen that you are righteous before me in this generation."
Genesis 7:1

binocs

What God Has Seen

What God sees in me
is what matters most.
It is not the things
in which I boast
that make me what I need to be
...it is what God sees in me.

What I think matters
is worldly stuff
and selfish pride
that could never be enough
to impress the holy King of heaven
...only what God thinks matters.

My generation
follows its lusts and desires
thinking God a quaint thought
believing the hopes of liars
who dismiss Him as improbable
...that is my generation.

And in the midst
of a people who need God
I must live a holy life
directed by His Word
for He sees me... and knows me
and loves me... in the midst

of a generation He watches, and loves, and that will answer to Him.

No comments: