Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Where My Treasure Is

metal detector 4002 Sell your possessions, and give to the needy. Provide yourselves with moneybags that do not grow old, with a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches and no moth destroys.
For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

I am tempted to want

the next new thing

The Lord is my shepherd

I shall not want

Shiny new trinkets blind

me to the big string

attached to them is a price

my heart follows them

I am tempted to go

to a new grazing ground

But He makes me lie down

in pastures green

The places of this world

dull my soul to what I’ve found

in Jesus… I am a pilgrim

here to journey toward eternal joy

I am tempted to think

this noisy world is everything

But my shepherd rests my

soul by quiet streams

Abandoning my quest at heaven

stupidly exchanges sewage for His bright spring

And I will keep my passion fixed

on my Savior and my home in Glory

Technorati Tags: ,,,

No comments: