Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Mercy Seat

Now when Moses went into the tent of meeting to speak with Him, he heard the voice speaking to him from above the mercy seat that was on the ark of the testimony, from between the two cherubim, so He spoke to him.

Numbers 7:89

mercy seat

Moses had a place

to talk with You

in a tent You designed

and Your people built

he would come before Your face

and You would meet him too.

 

Before a golden ark gleaming

he would bring his heart

and You would listen

always there in Your glory

knowing, and requests receiving

from angel wings You answered every part.

 

I imagine Moses always content

with the conversation You would give

in that holy place he met You

as You were worshiped, held in awe,

he would go out sharing the message you meant

for others to know and Israel lived.

 

And there is a holy place I go

each morning in the pages of Your Word

there I sit in reverence speaking,

waiting, listening, talking with You

and Your truth changes me and I know

I must share what I’ve heard from my Lord.

 

I write it down in my faltering way

not quite able to capture the glory and wonder

You stick with me through my failings

and my successes, ready to lift me up

and I will know it all the time, every day

if I will commit Your Word to trust and ponder.

 

No comments: