Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A bowl... a towel




If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have given you an example, that you also should do just as I have done to you.
John 13:14-15

Jesus came with a bowl of water
kneeling down, setting the example,
He served and washed calloused feet, calloused hearts
and in so doing set humility apart
as the service example
for all His disciples.

He wiped the wet feet with a towel
leaving with His men the teaching
that servanthood is the principle
creating ministry hearts, a service example
truly caring and always reaching
to the needs of all the world.

After the advance of two millennia
I need these words with challenge
knowing I live a self-driven lifestyle...
it crashes down with a bowl and a towel
in this call to action, simple service message
is for me, the disciple.

A bowl and a towel equip me
going into all I do in a life of ministry
Feet may not be my first call exactly
but humble service is always before me
Taking no credit, but kneeling humbly
all things to all men that some may be saved.

No comments: