Friday, July 8, 2011

adopted







But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons.
Galatians 4:4-5

Every Christian is adopted. We are adopted into the family of God. Jesus is the begotten Son of God, very God of God. And we are the adopted children of God solely by the work of the Son that God sent forth Who was born of woman, under the law, to redeem us so that we might receive that precious, precious place of being in God's family.

Adoption means that we recognize the distinction. A natural child is born into a home. And an adopted child is chosen into the home. Both loves are great loves. But more than anything, being adopted by the Father means that I don't really "deserve" to be here. It means that His grace is the foundation of the love that I know as God's child.

I find this moving. This is the deep emotional part of my walk in Christ. I know one experience in this life growing up in an earthly family. I know a completely different experience in Christ adopted by the Father into His heart and home. Both are great loves, but one is showered in sheer grace. And it is that kind of grace, that in love chose to pay the price to adopt me that overwhelms me even now as I think about it!


- Prepare your minds for action.
1 Peter 1:13

No comments: