Thursday, July 28, 2011

mercy in Jesus




For I will be merciful toward their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more.
Hebrews 8:12

This is a quote from Jeremiah 31, the Old Testament promise of a New Covenant to come with Israel. This covenant came in Jesus. He enacted it and offered it. He is the mediator of it. And grace is the distinguishing relationship.

I am glad that Jesus came to in mercy, grace, and with the solution to the dead-end drama of my sin! I needed it. And the more I am called into the lives of other people, the more I see the absolute beauty of this. We all are marred, wounded, and helpless in our sin. We are masters at sinning. Even as we want many times to desperately stop ourselves. We are powerless. But Jesus makes the difference. He came to our rescue.

I see Him bring hope and strength and the grace I desperately need. I am thrilled to see Him use that same grace to change the situations of those around me. I am overwhelmed by his intense mercy! My sins don't deserve such grace. But grace is the mark of my relationship with Christ. I want it to be what makes my life memorable. I want to help others discover the grace of God, the love of our Father, and the forgiveness we all need in Christ.


- Prepare your minds for action.
1 Peter 1:13

No comments: