Thursday, October 4, 2012

Repetitive Love




They shall not defile themselves anymore with their idols and their detestable things, or with any of their transgressions. But I will save them from all the backslidings in which they have sinned, and will cleanse them; and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.
Ezekiel 37:23

God never just loves once
then turns away
distracted by other loves
leading us to dismay.

God's love is solid,
fierce, faithful and strong
He gives us what our spirits crave
and that for which our hearts always long.

God loves sinning hearts
that will return to His care
He forgives the worst failure
with a love that's always there.

God's restoring love reaches
to me at my worst sin;
shows me great understanding
and draws my heart to Him.

A cleansing mercy full of grace
marks His love for all
and restoration sanctification
lifts us up from the Fall.

A never ending cycle
of God's unfailing love
changes people, makes a Church,
and sets minds on things above.

No comments: