Friday, February 15, 2013

Circumstances




"If you remain, then return to Gedaliah the son of Ahikam, son of Shaphan, whom the king of Babylon appointed governor of the cities of Judah, and dwell with him among the people. Or go wherever you think it right to go." So the captain of the guard gave him an allowance of food and a present, and let him go. Then Jeremiah went to Gedaliah the son of Ahikam, at Mizpah, and lived with him among the people who were left in the land.
Jeremiah 40:5-6

Nothing happens
that surprises You.
You are in control
of all that I do.

My choice is real
from my point of view;
But nothing I choose
can overrule You.

When times are hard
and its tough to see
what will become,
You comfort me.

It may be dark,
the way unsure,
but in Your hands
I rest secure.

When I look ahead...
afraid of the unknown...
You reassure me with
what Your Word has shown.

Men of faith
from ancient past pages
trusted in You...
the Rock of Ages.

So circumstances change
yet You remain the same.
I put my trust
in Your holy name.

No comments: