Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Hearing




But I would speak to the Almighty, and I desire to argue my case with God.
Job 13:3

Before the Judge of the living and the dead
I stand to know my end
and wondering why I've gone where I've been
I ask Him to show me then

I would speak to the Almighty
and to Him I present my case
I know He will treat me rightly
when I stand before His face

My defense is not my own to claim
for I have broken every law
but I humbly plead in Jesus' name
gospel's covering of it all

I would speak to the Almighty
hoping He will let me in
and in humble repentance crying
for forgiveness from my sin

The Judge is my Redeemer King
and the Savior is my only friend
He will pardon those who to Him bring
their lives to surrender to His ends

I would speak to the Almighty
and to His justice I will come
through my pain torments me nightly
He will safely bring me home

No comments: