Thursday, April 25, 2013

afflicted




And now my soul is poured out within me; days of affliction have taken hold of me. The night racks my bones, and the pain that gnaws me takes no rest.
Job 30:16-17

Pain can be relentless
gnawing at dry bones
snarling up from a dark hole
it controls

Souls can be spilt
flowing across parched ground
seeping into the sand down
into a hole

Days... far too short
filled with the realization
that pain brings apprehension
to a heart

Nights... excruciatingly unending
the darkness fills heart's vision
with all the joys of life now missing
in the dark

Bones are aching
deep is the agony suffering brings
eternity's thoughts no hope can spring
from a tortured soul

Beds are not for sleeping
but for turning anxious fears
around to cries nobody hears
but God knows

No comments: