Wednesday, August 21, 2013

a humble home

For thus says the One who is high and lifted up, who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: "I dwell in the high and holy place, and also with him who is of a contrite and lowly spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly, and to revive the heart of the contrite."

Isaiah 57:15


The awesome holy God Who is high above the heavens and Who dwells in eternal glory has chosen to live with people who are contrite and lowly. He is both the inhabitor of eternity and the present God of those who will humbly follow Him. He is beyond time, yet in the NOW. He is both above all people, yet present with His people. This is where God is.


The promise is that God will make His home with the contrite and lowly. When we turn from selfish, prideful sin and to Him, we find God right there living with us. Our home is His dwelling place. Our lives are His to openly use. The reward of the humble is the very presence of God.


This reward of the righteous is what I desire. If I want to see God, I must humble myself. I must cultivate a lowly and contrite heart. It is in that humility that the power and presence of God rests. I am a long way from being there, but I believe that in that path there is peace and joy. And I will endeavor to make a humble heart the place where the eternal God may make His home.

 

No comments: