Friday, August 2, 2013

refreshing rain

Shower, O heavens, from above, and let the clouds rain down righteousness; let the earth open, that salvation and righteousness may bear fruit; let the earth cause them both to sprout; I the LORD have created it. 

Isaiah 45:8


As I sit and watch an early morning summer rain shower, this passage seems most appropriate for this day. It captures my soul's longing. The God of heaven Who sends the rain to refresh the earth longs for His salvation and righteousness to refresh my soul. And how it is needed! In a hot dry summer, the rains that come are a welcome relief. And in a burning heat of the soul, God's salvation can replenish a parched heart.


I think about it now because there are always elements of drought ready to dry me up. They have hit me hard lately. And I have felt many of them just bake me in the last couple of months. But a soaking rain of grace can change all of that, if I will let God's goodness saturate me and feel the way His salvation pours into the dried cracks of my heart!


O Lord,

Pour down Your righteousness from the heavens upon the dry land. My heart cries out for the showers of Your grace to quench my thirst. Splash my dry eyes with Your healing waters. Flood my parched emptiness with the joy of the abundant salvation You give to me, until springs of Living Water will stream from me once again!

Amen

No comments: