Tuesday, September 17, 2013

no worship-less requests

But let all who take refuge in you rejoice; let them ever sing for joy, and spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may exult in you. For you bless the righteous, O LORD; you cover him with favor as with a shield. 

Psalm 5:11-12


Worship is about relationship. We may take refuge in God but in return we have the freedom to trust God and ask for His protection and favor. We do not make worship-less requests of Him. Such presumption is NOT the example that this psalm sets. In worship we trust in God. And He protects us and gives us strength. And in that protection we find a love for us that we can return to God. God protects and covers us with His love and favor.


Lord,

Help me to never offer you worshipless prayer. Forgive me for too often making requests without trusting and loving You in worship. I want to rejoice by taking refuge in You. And I am not really living by faith if I am not rejoicing in You. I may not be happy with my circumstances, but I can rejoice and trust in You. I may be disappointed or hurt by people, but You will cover me with favor as I exult in You.

Amen

No comments: