Tuesday, September 3, 2013

the person God meets

From of old no one has heard or perceived by the ear, no eye has seen a God besides you, who acts for those who wait for him. You meet him who joyfully works righteousness, those who remember you in your ways. 

Isaiah 64:4-5a


There is only one God and all that we can perceive or know has been a part of our experience ONLY because He exists. He is the root and ground of our being. He is the reason we live in a universe He made by the power of His sheer command. There is in God an explanation of all that is. And in that knowledge we can trust Him with our lives. He will act for those who know Him.


There is a description of a God-follower in this passage that compels me to consider my motives. God promises to meet with the person who joyfully works righteousness. When a person lives rightly for the pure joy of it, God promises to be there in that action. Do I want to see God at work? Then I must joyfully embrace, encourage, and live righteously. That is the worship God desires to receive from me. I must be known for my righteous acts among people. That is the way that I will find the God Who is "from old" active in my present circumstances. I want to see God. I must serve God.


Lord,

I want to know You. And to gain that I must love righteousness and joyfully commit to doing what You love. When I do, I will see You. You will meet me in my obedience to You. Thank You for showing me that this promise lets me know You right now. Help me to cling to it in a world that works against my joy, and my commitment to righteous living.

Amen

No comments: