Friday, November 15, 2013

committing my way

Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act. He will bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday. 

Psalm 37:5-6


The promise of this song echoes in my heart today. I can use the reminder because I am often tempted to just go my own way under my own power... to forget to make my choices with the honor of God driving me. The pressure to perform by my own strength and talent is high. It is, after all, the way of the world. And even in the church I can sadly get away with it quite often.... succumbing to a false hope.


But my ways are in Your hands, Lord. All that I do and all that I desire to do is to make Your Name known in this world as I yield to Your strength, wisdom, direction, and control. I want to give up this tendency that I have to try to control my circumstances and outcomes. My obedience and commitment to Your ways and to Your leading are what will bring me unspeakable joy and satisfaction. You will bring forth good in me and to me when I commit my ways to You. I believe that.

No comments: