Tuesday, November 26, 2013

joy and praise

Then I will go to the altar of God, to God my exceeding joy, and I will praise you with the lyre, O God, my God. 

Psalm 43:4


Praise as a mere duty

is not very pretty

but when emotion grows

and God works... praise flows


I can go to the altar

and leave my own gift there

with joyfilled heart blazing

for the God that I'm praising


With a "lyre" of six strings

new praises I will sing

for the merciful love

of my Savior above


Difficult description

for what I'm feeling

Praise, awe, worship, relief

for God has always met my need


And in the assembly

I'll gather readily

not neglecting worship or praise

for my God all my days


It is God I exalt

His glory fills up my heart

speaking and singing

about the kingdom He's bringing

No comments: