Wednesday, November 20, 2013

what God has done

I waited patiently for the LORD; he inclined to me and heard my cry. 

Psalm 40:1


This is a song of deliverance. David rejoices in how God saved him in his time of trouble. It is a poem of praise. It celebrates God's rescue. It is uplifting to read what God did, and I can't help but see God doing the same things for us today.


GOD LIFTED ME UP.

He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog... Psalm 40:2a


God delivers us from situations when we are low. Either our own sins, or the sinful actions of others (even a mix of the two) can depress, discourage, and destroy us. We can get bogged down and fallen. Our joy can be lost, but God in His grace lifts us back up!


GOD SECURELY SET ME ON THE ROCK.

...and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure. Psalm 40:2b


When God delivers, He secures. He brings stability. He is our strong rock... a place of security, defense, strength and protected position. From the altitude of His deliverance we gain a new and necessary perspective on our lives!


GOD GAVE ME A NEW SONG.

He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Psalm 40:3a


When God saves us, we cannot help but sing! It gives our souls something in which to rejoice. We go from muddy myopic moping to wild-hearted singing with all our souls can muster! It is the sweetest song of the ages. We will always sing and rejoice at the salvation of our God! It is amazing. It is wonderful. It is a celebration extraordinaire!


GOD GAVE ME AN IMPACT.

Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the LORD. Psalm 40:3b


My salvation leads to proclamation and God will use that proclamation to affect His salvation in others! The best witness to God's saving work is a changed life that gives God the glory for what He has done. God has done it for me and will do it for countless more. And in some way my story will affect that in other people when I praise God and proclaim it.

No comments: