Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Higher View

Lead me to the rock that is higher than I, for you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the enemy. 

Psalm 61:2b-3


Lift me up, Lord

to the place You lead

so I can see above

my own selfish need


All I see are obstacles

faith limiting obstruction

struggling, by faith

I trust Your limitless perfection


I need the high ground

feet on firm rock planted

to keep me close to You

find the blessing You've granted


You are a strong tower

defending from attack

You frustrate foes

humbling them with strength I lack


From the viewpoint

of mercy and grace

I understand my struggles

worshiping in Your place


Falling into my Father's arms

I am secure, know serenity

trusting now and forever

I contemplate eternity


Perspective comes now

the higher view I see

all around is God's goodness

I know He ever cares for me

No comments: