Thursday, January 23, 2014

mind = blown

My mouth will tell of your righteous acts, of your deeds of salvation all the day, for their number is past my knowledge. With the mighty deeds of the Lord GOD I will come; I will remind them of your righteousness, yours alone. 

Psalm 71:15-16


I know that God is great and is very gracious to me. But like the sentiment of this psalm, I realize that I cannot fathom it all. He has done more for me than I can possibly know. He is greater than I realize. He loves me more than I feel. He cares for me in ways I take for granted. God is better to me than I even see. His love and care are all-inclusive.


In God I live and breathe and have my being. He is everything. God fills the universe with His presence yet is beyond it since He created it. I could not number His mercies. It is all transcendent... above and beyond me and evidence of His uniqueness as God.


Lord,

You are immense and infinite, holy and merciful. I am a finite mind longing to know You more. I will always learn of You, now and in eternity. And You will always care for me. My heart knows that my mind cannot list every one of Your mercies to me. Every second of my soul's existence is filled with countless blessings. I am overwhelmed that You care for me.

Amen

No comments: