Thursday, April 24, 2014

I cannot repay.

What shall I render to the LORD for all his benefits to me? I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the name of the LORD, I will pay my vows to the LORD in the presence of all his people. 

Psalm 116:12-14


Lord,

I cannot repay the great cost of Your love for me. My salvation came at the price of Jesus' life and death. It is secured in the reality of Jesus' own resurrection from the dead. My life is filled with the benefits of my great salvation. Even when some things in this life hurt and are very hard, nothing takes away the joy of such great salvation!


I come to You in Your Word and find direction, comfort, and sustaining strength. When life circumstances get strange or out of control, You bring stability. I will praise You for this. I will give my energies, efforts, and abilities that You have created in me for Your praise and glory. It is worth the cost because it cannot equal the gifts of Your grace that cost so much to You.

Amen

No comments: