Wednesday, April 30, 2014

my soul in the dust

My soul clings to the dust; give me life according to your word! 

Psalm 119:25


Honest faith is real enough with God to admit when the soul is down. Christianity is for just those times. It isn't a fake optimism. It is real hope and strength. And for hope to be real, times need to be hard and the soul needs to be hurting... reaching for perspective.


Life is full of disappointments and pains. There are periods of time when sadness and difficulty attend our every move. And at those times we must fall upon The Lord and trust in His Word.


When my life feels like it has been drained from me, God's Word brings me life. When my hope is distant, God's Word is near. When sorrow is my strongest emotion, God's Word brings comfort. There may be moments of pain, but God's truth and the presence of His wisdom can ease the heartache. He can lift me up from the dust, reviving my soul by His Word! Amen!

No comments: