Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Relax. God's got this.

Fret not yourself because of evildoers, and be not envious of the wicked, for the evil man has no future; the lamp of the wicked will be put out. 

Proverrbs 24:19-20


I realize that I have not considered this passage enough as I think about my place in this world. Like many evangelicals I can get caught up in the fretting frenzy and paranoia over the wrong that is occurring at this moment in our society. Evangelicals were good at this 60 years ago as well! But the reality is that God knows what and who is wrong. He is the righteous judge. And even though it may seem that wicked people prosper, they do not. There is no future in mocking God.


I have God's revelation, His book, in my hands. It gives me a picture of where mankind has been. It shows me where we are going and just how God has put an end to sin's dominion through the gospel of Jesus Christ. Lamps will be put out. In the end all the wrong in this world will swirl up like candle smoke.


So, I will pray. I will proclaim the gospel. But I will not worry over the evil actions of people. God's got that.

1 comment:

susiejeanne said...

AMEN! THIS CAN BE EASY TO FORGET IN THE MIDDLE OF IT ALL....