Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Wisdom is readily available.

keep my commandments and live; keep my teaching as the apple of your eye; bind them on your fingers; write them on the tablet of your heart. 

Proverbs 7:2-3


This is what the invitation to wisdom looks like. It calls us to actively pursue God's wisdom. It asks us to personally commit with intentional actions. If we keep God's commands we find life. But they must be readily before us, in our hearts and on our minds.


Today, we have access to God's Word like never before. I have Bibles everywhere... printed books on the shelf, and digital editions on every computerized device that is in my hands. I even have audio versions to listen to with easy access. I am swimming in Bibles but occassionally still close to drowning in my self-centeredness! There is no excuse not to hear God's words of wisdom and "write them on the tablet of my heart."


Lord,

May I be a wise steward of the tremendous resources that You give. Fill me with Your wisdom as I seek to fill my days with Your Word. Keep me in it so that my life may be blessed and be a blessing to others.

Amen

No comments: