Thursday, July 3, 2014

wisdom at my gates

Hear instruction and be wise, and do not neglect it. Blessed is the one who listens to me, watching daily at my gates, waiting beside my doors. 

Proverbs 8:33-34


The wisdom that the LORD gives is so precious that it is worth waiting for. The effort that it takes to apply ourselves to wisdom pays off in the truth that God gives. It applies directly to our lives. And that diligence is necessary to attain wisdom.


The word picture employed here is one of diligent readiness. We search for wisdom. We watch for it daily at the gates of our hearts. We wait in order to let it have entrance to our inner thoughts and musings... to the secret parts of us. We delight to let God's wisdom into our hearts.


That diligent watchfulness is best applied to an approach to scripture. Looking into the pages of the Bible daily keeps an open door for wisdom to enter. The only way that I know to have wisdom rule my life with that kind of freedom is to open the door every morning by opening my Bible and thoughfully consuming God's message. Wisdom... you are welcome into my heart's home! Enter in... live there... become my closest companion!

No comments: