Friday, May 16, 2014

reasons for hope

O Israel, hope in the LORD! For with the LORD there is steadfast love, and with him is plentiful redemption. 

Psalm 130:7


Those who know God are never without hope. God's love is shown to us daily through our redemption. There is always before us the living hope in Christ that keeps us trusting Him despite the uncertainties that surround us. There is always hope, because there is always God. What a blessing to never take for granted.

This encourages me in a season where I am tempted to lose perspective on that hope. Life changes are hard both personally and among people that I love. I am pressed in by change everywhere I look right now... and it is not all change that I would say I wanted. Yet I know that the steadfast love of The Lord has not changed. My life changes. People change. Institutions change. Things break and decay and fall down. God is still steadfast in His love and His plentious mercies in redemption are unchanging!

"Swift to its close ebbs out life's little day;

Earth's joys grow dim, it's glories pass away;

Change and decay in all around I see --

O Thou Who changest not, abide with me."

No comments: