Thursday, March 6, 2014

Exalt


Exalt the LORD our God, and worship at his holy mountain; for the LORD our God is holy! 

Psalm 99:9


I can't make You greater

than You already are.

So when You call me to

exalt You, I don't raise the bar.

I add nothing to You.

I don't increase Your glory

or make You more worthy

or even complete Your story.


You are higher than the

universe, unknowable in full.

My life has chased Your presence

grasping at the edges of the whole.

Nothing compares to You.

Magnificent in power,

filling up ambition's flower,

in my every breathing hour.


I am a meager, finite man

with an infinite God before me.

I drop down to my knees,

the only place I can adore Thee.

Worship just seems right.

It's the only explanation

for my heart's avocation,

loving You in adoration.

No comments: