Monday, March 31, 2014

the steadfast love of The Lord

But the steadfast love of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear him, and his righteousness to children's children, to those who keep his covenant and remember to do his commandments. 

Psalm 103:17-18


God is faithful to all generations. He does not fail in displaying His everlasting love. The relationship He had with David, marked by His faithful love to His servant, is the same sort of relationship that I enjoy in Christ. Millennia and history have moved on, but God remains steadfast through all generations and the march of time.


God's vision for humanity is so much bigger than my experience can fathom. God is faithful generationally. He enters into relationships that last thousands of years and extend into eternity. 


God could see in Abraham a nation of countless souls whom He loved. He made covenants to preserve future generations. My day to day moments are so microscopic in comparison, yet God's steadfast love is carried into my neediest single moment. That is faithfulness that reveals a carefully created past, protects my present, and preserves the future, not only for me, but for all those who will come after me!

No comments: