Thursday, March 13, 2014

the grass isn't greener

Then I saw that all toil and all skill in work come from a man's envy of his neighbor. This also is vanity and a striving after wind.

Ecclesiastes 4:4


They color envy green

...like money

...like my neighbor's yard

...like a manicured country club


I think I know what they mean

...more cash

...keep up with the Jones's

...prestige in what I own


But money is good

...it clothes the cold

...feeding hungry kids

...saving lives with medicine


Motives can be bad

...driven by greed

...dominant selfish need

...ignoring others that I see


Unhappiness results

...when envy and greed

...override holier views

...materialism is cruel


Contentment is achieved

...with godliness joined

...to eternal commitments

...money's just equipment

No comments: