Thursday, June 12, 2014

Immense & Intense

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. He determines the number of the stars; he gives to all of them their names. 

Psalm 147:3-4


God is as deep in His compassion as He is great in His power. The same God Who created the universe and gives each star in every galaxy its own name also tenderly cares for each person's pain on this planet. He controls the cosmos yet cares when a tear falls.


I am overwhelmed by the immensity of God as well as the intensity of His love. It is because I am so weak and so imperfect in my love that these truths get at me. I could not name the fraction of the stars I can see on a clear summer's night. I can barely understand the needs and pains of my own family members. But God gives a name to each new star that bursts into light. He reaches out to every heartache of every person.


Lord,

You are immense and intense. And that powerful individual love arrests my thinking today. It leads to worship and wonder at Your creative care.

Amen.

No comments: