Thursday, June 5, 2014

light I need

Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love, for in you I trust. Make me know the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. 

Psalm 143:8


David never wanted to be without God's clear presence, care, and direction. His plea to The Lord was for God to keep daily reminders of faithful love before him. He asked for God's guiding hand to keep His will in front of him so that divine direction led him forward at all times.


I too want to know God's steadfast love and clear direction. It is why a morning investment in the pages of scripture is always worth the time it takes to begin my day in the word and in prayer. As magenta glows in the east at sunrise, so God's faithful love shines a light on my day. My goals and plans always need the illumination of God's truth in order to align with God's purposes.

No comments: