Thursday, June 26, 2014

the dawn of wisdom

But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn, which shines brighter and brighter until full day. 

Proverbs 4:18


Wisdom will light the way for those who commit to following God's truth. I find that scripture is that light for me. With it I can see the path. Without it I am guessing at direction and stumbling in the dark. And the careful commitment to the "slow drip" of scriptural wisdom in my life has kept the path well lit. Any wrong choices on my part stem from not heeding to the light the God shed on my situations by His Word.


As I write this, dawn is breaking in the east. Soon the full light of a summer morning will be upon me. What started with a faint glow that awakened the birds will break into bright day. And I will not escape the heat and light of the risen sun.


And so it is with the wisdom from God's Word. It will illuminate and dominate my day in a glorious glow, and as I trust it and follow God's wisdom, it will light my way all the day long. God's truth reveals the way and my path gets brighter with each thought that I give to the wisdom that God gives.

No comments: